Field Machinist Job Posting
Interested in a Field Machinist Position?
OCTO Mechanical Inc. (“OCTO”) Is expanding, and we’re looking for qualified Field Machinists. In addition to a safety-first work culture, we offer competitive wages, an industry-leading benefits package and professional training opportunities. If our core values, Safety, Quality and Productivity, resonate with you, keep reading.
- You put safety first using common sense to keep yourself, your coworkers, and everyone else around you safe; At all times.
- You respect the environment and your health by continually looking for ways to avoid contamination risks.
- You’re a hard worker who looks for ways to stay busy and productive, even during slow periods.
- You ask questions; Lots of them. You like to learn and always ask for direction or advice when you’re not sure of next steps.
- You enjoy field work. Two week rotations to a remote location work for your personal lifestyle and family responsibilities.
- You’re a Journeyman or Apprentice Machinist, registered to work in Alberta.
- You have 5+ years of related work experience in the trade (2-3 years field machining).
- You’re able to pass a 12 panel drug & alcohol test (at all times.)
- You have your H2S, CSTS09, WHIMIS, Basic First Aid, and a valid Driver’s License
About the work:
- OCTO is a leading provider of field machining services including base milling, flange facing, pipe cutting, line boring, stud removal and specialty on site machining.
- OCTO is the only approved provider for several unique field machining procedures for Caterpillar. As a result, our Field Machinists often travel internationally for jobs and need a valid Passport.
- We own the largest linear/gantry mill in Canada and work on bases as large as 14′ X 6′ in one setup.
- OCTO also provides extensive millwright services and our Field Machinists support our Millwright teams as required.
If your values are aligned with ours, you think you’re the kind of person we’re looking for, AND you have the necessary professional qualifications, we want to hear from you. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you pass our rigorous screening process, we will contact you to schedule an interview. For more information about OCTO please visit our website at https://octomechanical.com/ .
Octo mechanical, providing millwright and on-site machining services
Octo Mechanical Inc. is a Millwright and Onsite/Portable Machining service firm based in Edmonton, AB. We provide a range of services to clients throughout Western Canada and internationally. With a crew of over 40 skilled Millwrights and Machinists we have had experience with projects that range in scope.
We have worked on small one-man jobs as well as large industrial construction sites requiring multiple crews on day & night shifts.
Our focus on quality, safety and getting the job done has resulted in all of our our customers becoming repeat clients. We genuinely enjoy what we do and it shows through our work.
We are commited to safety
At Octo Mechanical we are committed to safety! Through our personal safety programs, site specific qualifications, and the safety culture that exists among all our personnel, we comply with all industry safety standards and hope to set the bar higher. No job is important enough to risk the health or lives of our people.